cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP address sent to TACACS server

captlanman
Level 1
Level 1

Setup a TACACS server on out network to control console and telnet access to routers and switches. Most of our remote routers have multiple wan paths to the TACACS servers and may present a different IP address depending on which path is available or least busy. This causes an authentication failure that denies access to the equipment. Is there a way to configure the router to always send a specific address, either a loopback or internal LAN IP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you may also go through the below listed link

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/networking/cisco-ios/0596527225/tacacsplus/i85779__heada__4_7

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes.

ip tacacs source-interface interface/vlan id

~BR
Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you may also go through the below listed link

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/networking/cisco-ios/0596527225/tacacsplus/i85779__heada__4_7

~BR
Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

Did you get that working with the above suggested command?

~BR
Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

Thank you. That worked!

Thanks for updating the thread.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

Muhammad Munir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

FYI,

Device  Filter—Filters a network device (AAA client) that acts as a Policy  Enforcement Point (PEP) to the end station based on the network device's  IP address or name, or the network device group that it belongs to.

The  device identifier can be the IP address or name of the device, or it  can be based on the network device group to which the device belongs.

The  IP address is a protocol-agnostic attribute of type IPv4 that contains a  copy of the device IP address obtained from the request:

–In a RADIUS request, if Attribute 4 (NAS-IP-Address) is present,  ACS obtains the IP address from Attribute 4; otherwise, if Attribute 32  (NAS-Identifier) is present, ACS obtains the IP address from Attribute  32, or it obtains the IP address from the packet that it receives.

–In a TACACS request, the IP address is obtained from the packet that ACS receives.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: