cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Host (Alias) in ISE

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have setup a secondary IP on Gig1 on my ISE servers and have my CWA Portal listening on this Interface

(Deploying similar to http://www.networkworld.com/article/3074954/security/how-to-use-anycast-to-provide-high-availability-to-a-radius-server.html)

My static redirect for web redirection in my authorisation profile points to 2.2.2.2.

My redirect works but I was hoping my alias would have replaced my 2.2.2.2 address in the redirect. When my test clients are redirected to my logon page, the URL still shows "https://2.2.2.2......" rather than my Alias.

Am I missing something? Config which covers this is below.

interface GigabitEthernet 0
ip address 10.44.129.10 255.255.255.0
ipv6 address autoconfig
ipv6 enable
!
interface GigabitEthernet 1
ip address 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.0
ipv6 address autoconfig
ipv6 enable

!
ip default-gateway 10.44.129.1
!
ip host 2.2.2.2 guest guest.company.com

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is bit dated, but to close the loop on this.

1. Configure DNS to resolve your alias to anycast IP (2.2.2.2 > guest.company.com)

2. Configure Authz profile static redirection to host name instead of IP, IOW use guest.company.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

BobMa37751359
Level 1
Level 1
It's a test environment, right?
Try to replace your "2.2.2.2:port" (I assume you are talking about your attribute details when you mention 2.2.2.2 in your post) with "ip:port".

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is bit dated, but to close the loop on this.

1. Configure DNS to resolve your alias to anycast IP (2.2.2.2 > guest.company.com)

2. Configure Authz profile static redirection to host name instead of IP, IOW use guest.company.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: