Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 Client support in ACS 5.2?

sstrijak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody!

Does anyone know if Cisco has or is planning to have support for IPv6 Network Devices and AAA Clients? The user guide sems to only refer to IPv4 addresses... Has anyone heard of roadmap for such support? If not, is there alternative that I could to use to enable AAA for IPv6 clients?

5 Replies 5

tripley
Level 1
Level 1

I second this question.

We're starting to deploy IPv6 hosts in our network and use ACS 5.1 exclusively for Tacacs+ auth.  Does anyone know if Cisco has plans for IPv6 support in their ACS product?

Tyler

I will add another in here to get this to the top of the list again.  We are currently deploying IPv6 only devices and absolutely need to use TACACS authentication.  If ACS does not do it, then we will be migrating to another product, which would NOT be a good thing.

ACS doesn't support it all.I don't know for future releases ...

ISE has some ipv6 support, I'd recommend reading its doc. It's the ACS successor

There are ongoing discussions for inclusion of TACACS+ IPv6 support in an ACS 5.4 release. These plans are not yet commited

More formal responses need from the appropriate channels

Wait for some time.Next Release may be ..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: