cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to authenticate 2 or more Active Directory domains via acs solution engine v4.2?

jawill47ec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to authenticate ACS solution engine running v4.2 against 2 or more Active Directory domains using the Generic LDAP setup?  A scenario would be for geographical distribution where 1 domain would be for U.S. and the other would be another country say Canada (e.g. US.corp and CA.corp).

thanks,

james

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jemcguin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James,

It is possible to setup multiple LDAP  authentication servers, one for each domein. I can tell you that it is much more efficient from a configuration/administration viewpoint and end user experience to use AD as a Microsoft external database if in fact your setup is all in the same namespace e.g.  amer.companyname.com and canada.companyname.com.

To setup multiple LDAP databases go into external user databases>Generic LDAP> create one called AMER, then do the same for CANADA.

Regards, Jeremy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jemcguin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James,

It is possible to setup multiple LDAP  authentication servers, one for each domein. I can tell you that it is much more efficient from a configuration/administration viewpoint and end user experience to use AD as a Microsoft external database if in fact your setup is all in the same namespace e.g.  amer.companyname.com and canada.companyname.com.

To setup multiple LDAP databases go into external user databases>Generic LDAP> create one called AMER, then do the same for CANADA.

Regards, Jeremy

Jeremy,

Thanks.  I will setup a 2nd Generic LDAP database in addition to our currently primary.  I appreciate the response.

james