Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a log which shows that CLI commands that were entered on v5.x ACS

rodmunch999
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hopefully, this is an easy question and I am just not looking in the right place.

Is there somewhere on ACS v5.x where I can view a history of all the commands that were executed on the ACS CLI ?

This is where I have looked:

1. I have looked through the reports in ACS View under:
    Monitoring & Reports  >  Reports >  Catalog >  ACS Instance
    Although some of these reports show CLI actions I cannot see a report that shows the actual commands that were entered.
  2. I have also checked the logs in CLI under "show logging system log_filename"
  3. I have also run a support bindle and checked the files there as well.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please try checking ADE.log log file. You may not able to view the command directly but you will be seeing the logs with some numeric format as follows:

operation: 0

operation:1

For example the complete log looks like :

ADE-SERVICE[4749]: [30538]:[info] application:operation cars_install.c[1892] [admin]: Application initialization initiated for appname: xxx, operation: 0

I don't think so we will have the track on all the complete list of commands that were executed on CLI. From logs we can figure out what are the commands executed.

Thanks,

Naresh

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please try checking ADE.log log file. You may not able to view the command directly but you will be seeing the logs with some numeric format as follows:

operation: 0

operation:1

For example the complete log looks like :

ADE-SERVICE[4749]: [30538]:[info] application:operation cars_install.c[1892] [admin]: Application initialization initiated for appname: xxx, operation: 0

I don't think so we will have the track on all the complete list of commands that were executed on CLI. From logs we can figure out what are the commands executed.

Thanks,

Naresh

Thank you Naresh. I was hoping there would be a cli command log that could reviewed but if that's the best there is then I will look at that.

Did you ever figure this out?  How can you view configuration changes users make on devices(routers and switches) through the ACS GUI?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: