cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 Patch 8

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

Our ISE Deployment for wireless only is operating on 1.2.0.899 Patch 3.  We are looking to upgrade to Patch 8.  We plan on testing in a Dev envioronment first, but I was curious what others experience had been with stability in Patch 8?

8 Replies 8

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would be interested to know as well. I usually give patches a month or so and then deploy them. They usually offer tons of bug fixes and no new features so they are usually safe to deploy. Patch 8 does change licensing so I was a bit reserved with it. 

The workaround for licensing issue is to get the Temporary Advanced license from CISCO licensing team and installing it.

Licensing issue will have impact on login to GUI, very few endpoints will disappear and sponsor and Guest users operations.

What exactly is the licensing issue you are referring to?  

CSCuo73070 and CSCuo76078.

Essentially if you go to patch 8 with an expired advanced license, ISE tells you after you login it needs to have a license to function even with a valid base license.

Yes. This licensing issue is impacted only in case if the deployment is having expired Advanced license.

Stephen McBride
Level 1
Level 1

So far I have not had serious issues with patch 8 versus previous patches which caused me bother in certain areas. I think with all ISE patches you need to read the release notes and read the caveats to see what issues may or may not affect you. If you are on a production system I would also make sure you have your rollback option in place aswell. For what it is worth I am always keen to stay on the most recent patch of ISE due to patches generally fixing more than they break. Just make sure you run through your original system test plans and user test plans and all should be well.

Thank you for the detailed feedback (+5) from me. I am in the same boat as you. Patches can cause issues but usually they fix a lot more :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: