cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 Restore Issue

Marvin Krym
Level 1
Level 1

ISE 1.2 (on vm) creates a backup file without error.  I can use the file to restore a clean ISE installation (same release) without error.  However, the ISE application server process is not running.   "Reload" or "App Start" do not restart the ISE process.  Including or not including the ade-os has no affect.   I would apreciate any suggestions as to what might be preventing the ISE server proecess from running.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marvin,

Please make sure you also have the same version of patches on the clean ISE installation. I know from your statement you have same ISE 1.2 version but I would request you to check with the same version of patches on which the backup was taken.

Still if you have the same version of patches and not able to bring back the App server up and running , please attach ADE.log and catalina.out file, I will quickly take a look and suggest the next steps.

As per my knowledge and from your problem explanation , it is for sure you might be missing the patches.

Thanks,

Naresh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Did you change the time before?

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marvin,

Please make sure you also have the same version of patches on the clean ISE installation. I know from your statement you have same ISE 1.2 version but I would request you to check with the same version of patches on which the backup was taken.

Still if you have the same version of patches and not able to bring back the App server up and running , please attach ADE.log and catalina.out file, I will quickly take a look and suggest the next steps.

As per my knowledge and from your problem explanation , it is for sure you might be missing the patches.

Thanks,

Naresh

After I installed the same patch version, everything worked perfectly.

Thank-you.

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Few Data Restoration Guidelines listed here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/user_guide/ise_user_guide/ise_backup.html#pgfId-1115992

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: