cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 Sponsor Portal- Account Expiration Date Defaults to same time as Start Date

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

We have a time profile setup for ISE Sponspr Portal with Start/End.  I understand this allows the sponsor to specifially set the start and end time for the guest account.  When creating an account, the Start/End time is the same time.  If a Sponsor forgets to set the end time, then the guest account will be created, but will expire not allowing the guest to login.  It would be nice to have the end time default to something other than the start time, like 8 hours default.  Is this possible?  Can the expiration time default to something like 8 hours, but still give the Sponsor the ability to adjust the start/end times if needed?  This is very simple, and I cannot believe this is not available.

4 Replies 4

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Beginning with Cisco ISE 1.2 time profiles are referred to as the account duration in the Sponsor portal.

Cisco ISE 1.2 includes these default time profiles, which replace the profiles available previously:

DefaultFirstLoginEight—the account is available for 8 hours starting when the guest user first successfully connects to the Guest portal. This replaces the DefaultFirstLogin time profile.

DefaultEightHours—the account is available for 8 hours starting when sponsors first create the account. This replaces the DefaultOneHour time profile.

DefaultStartEnd—sponsors can specify dates and times on which to start and stop network access.

Upon expiration of their account per their assigned time profile, they will no longer be able to login or access the company network.

If a guest were to return to the network, the sponsor can change the account duration via the sponsor portal to grant them access again and then require them to change their password if deemed necessary (depending on the settings). Changing account duration can be used for extending a guest users access longer than the original setup.

If you upgrade to Cisco ISE 1.2, the older time profiles are still available, but you can delete them if you are not using them. If the older time profiles are assigned to a sponsor group, a message alerts you before deleting. If you perform a new installation of Cisco ISE 1.2, only the new time profiles display.

Thanks for the information.  It really does not answer my question.  I just simply wanted to know if I select the time Profile called DefaultStartEnd, is there a way to have the end time default to something other than the same as the start time.  If the sponsor forgets to set the end time, then the guest will not be able to login and it creates confusion. I understand it can be adjusted or extended afterwards.

I agree this is annoying. The sponsors are non-technical people, you want to make the process as simple as possible for them. To my knowledge ISE to this day doesn't allow you the administrator to specify default start/stop times.

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Adam,

There is no as such option available in ISE 1.2 release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: