cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 VMware 4.1 Installation Failure

JON SHORTEN
Level 1
Level 1

For a customer evaluation, we're trying to install ISE 1.2.1.198  on a VMware ESXi 4.1 VM from an iso image in a VMware datastore mounted as the VM DVD drive; the installation starts, but after the initial boot fails with an error that the ISE software DVD is not in the DVD drive.  I'm wondering:

1) Has anyone else experienced this?

2) Has anyone successfully installed this version from an iso in a datastore?

The install guide only mentions installing from iso with a DVD in the VM host drive.

I'm currently downloading the .ova file as a workaround, but as Cisco have provided the .iso to the customer I'd prefer to get that working if possible.

tia

JonS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jon,

I install from an iso in the datastore all the time.  Everytime I have seen the error that you are receiving, it is due to a damaged/corrupt iso file.  Try downloading the iso file again.  That will likely fix the issue.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jon,

I install from an iso in the datastore all the time.  Everytime I have seen the error that you are receiving, it is due to a damaged/corrupt iso file.  Try downloading the iso file again.  That will likely fix the issue.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

Thanks Charles, that fixed the problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: