Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.3 Internal CA

Ben Meagher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for some assistance on the new local CA. My client provisions and launches the Cisco Network Setup Assistant but once I hit start, the client fails. Tail logs off the ISE node produce the following..

2015-01-09 16:00:00,155 WARN   [portal-http-service13][] com.cisco.cpm.scep.ScepCertRequestProcessor -:::::- No live PKI server found for certificate request [CN=bm
eagh01]
2015-01-09 16:00:00,166 ERROR  [portal-http-service13][] com.cisco.cpm.scep.ScepCertRequestProcessor -:::::- No live PKI server found for certificate request [CN=bm
eagh01]

A show application status ise confirms that CA is enabled and running.

Thoughts ?

6 Replies 6

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
ScepException: No live PKI server found for certificate request
CSCun28653

As of this post, the above bug ID does not appear to be open to the public just yet. I have bypassed the issue by deploying fresh 1.3 images. This may not be ideal for many upgrades but it allowed me to keep moving.

Mohanak, can you provide us with some details about the bug:

- Conditions

- Workaround

Etc?

Hi Ben,

I hit the same issue and was able to fix it by replacing the Root CA for BYOD. Perhaps this is a valid work around for this bug. To be honest: I changed the hostname and domain-name several weeks ago because my ISE is a NFR kit. So after all it looks very logically to me to replace the Cisco ISE Root CA certificates :)

Replace Cisco ISE Root CA certificates

Please let us know if it works for you as well.

Hey Buddy! It works!

I just found this discussion like 10 hours ago... rebuild all my lab environment from scratch (except ISE) , tried to replace ISE root CA certificate chain as told, and Internal CA works again!

Thank You very much! Great timing! :)

Just had this same issue on ISE 2.1, replacing the Root CA Cert Chain worked like a charm.  Thanks!