Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.3 Locations

Roger Alderman
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All

Does anyone know the procedure (if there is one) to get rid of the default San Jose location from ISE 1.3

I can edit the time-zone for the default location and I can create a new location but can't appear to get rid of the default one.

Regards

Roger

3 Replies 3

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no way to get rid of it.

CSCut22751

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

We have a problem in ISE Version 2.3.0.298

where you can create an account in Finland but your account will be logged the accounts generated by the Sponsor Portal become inactive.
This is apparently a bug according to Cisco when "San Jose" is default. I have not managed to delete it because it is default.
It is Time Zone that creates this according to Cisco?

Best way to do this is to edit the guest type:

Make the account active when the user first logs in, rather than make it active when the account is created.

We ran into a somewhat similar issue. This workaround actually solved many of our inactive account issues.

Downside: when you notify a guest via email about the credentials, the start time will be blank as account will not activate as long as someone uses the credentials to login.Guest type.png