Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.3 MyDevices Portal issue: You are not owner of this device

Hello there,

I'm facing an issue with MyDevices portal. 

The BYOD On-Boarding registration works pretty good, and the users get access to the network as they have to do.

However, when the user accesses the MyDevices portal, some registered devices (which already have access to the network) is showed as in "Pending" state. But it I dont think it could not be an issue because the users can connect any time and get access to the network normally.

The problem is: when the user tries to edit or change the state of the device (mark as Lost, Stolen or Delete), they get the error message "You are not owner of this device; it belongs to someone els. Contact the help desk if you need assistance".

P.S.: the users are allways facing this error message, despite the device is in pending or registered state.

Does someone has faced a problem like this, or have an idea to help me solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Error message attached.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

robertbrink1
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe this bug: https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus79068 ?

We have the same problem with users in AD in uppercase. But users in lowercase can delete and edit devices with no problem. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

robertbrink1
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe this bug: https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus79068 ?

We have the same problem with users in AD in uppercase. But users in lowercase can delete and edit devices with no problem. 

Hello robertbrink1,

In my case, the username is not in upper case in AD. But the mapped user's group is.

I'll try to validate it in my lab.

Thanks a lot.

robertbrink1,

I've tried to reproduce the problem in my lab environment, however every thing have worked perfectely. So I'm guessing if this issue is not regarding the ISE implemented in a Distributed Deployment. Because the real implementation I'm working is a Distribuited Deployment and the LAB I tested is a Standalone.

So, for the next steps I'll replicate the tests to a Distributede deployment.

Thanks in advance,

Paulo

In my case it doesnt work in the lab, standalone. We havent rolled out the complete config to our distributed deployment. So here I dont know if it works or not. 

Hello robertbrink1,

I open a TAC, and during the troubleshoot, we have identified that the bihavior is the same as mantioned in this bug.

The fix is in patch 4 for ISE 1.3 and ISE release 1.4 has this bug fixed too.

Thank you man!