cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.3 Sponsored "Known Guest" emailing credentials issue

Stephen McBride
Level 1
Level 1

Just ran into an issue with ISE 1.3 email notifications and was hoping that I might have overlooked a setting.

Basically if I create a self-registered guest ISE will send an email to both the listed sponsor and a confirmation email to the guest with credentials – this works fine. Furthermore I can go to the sponsor portal and click the self registered user then resend the credentials – this also works.

My problem is when I create a "known guest" user from the sponsor portal. Basically I create the account and hit the notify button, select email and click ok – ISE then throws an error saying unable to send email. I click the user and click resend and likewise I cannot send an email.

So in summary email notifications work for self registered guest type but not a known guest type.

2 Replies 2

Stephen McBride
Level 1
Level 1

Fixed the issue. I did some debugging and looking through logs and found that there is a bug. Basically you need to enable the sponsor to select the language dictionary for email notifications and it fixes the issue.

It is under the customisation section of the relevant sponsor portal under settings of known guest

Thank you!