Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.1 Auto Send Reporting

john_lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want the configure auto generate report and send by mail for every month. After I keyin information on schedule report, but I cannot receive anything from ISE. I only want to have Top authorization by user report for every month in my mail box. I had configure the SMTP ip address. Anybody can help and guide on this.

Thanks,

John

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi John,

Go to Operations --> Reports --> ISE Reports --> Endpoints and Users --> Top Authorizations by User --> Select the Time Range as per the 1st snap attached here and then click Scheduled Report from the save as option. So that you can get a option for Save as Scheduled dialogue box , On that provide the appropriate details like Mail ID, Frequency and On which day of the month you need report.

1st Check for one day, then schedule it for 30 days.

Snap1.JPG

Snap 2.JPG

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

View solution in original post

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
To clarify here, you will not be able to auto generate the report and send it by email, it has to be exported to a configured repository. Only the notification that the report was run and exported can be emailed.

Hi John,

Install a SFTP client on your manager machine and define a path for that. In the ISE create a Repository for that SFTP path and map that repository for the reporting purpose. So that on the scheduled time ISE will send the report to mapped repository. So that you can open the file path, which is on the system.

Regards,

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

Hi John,

Check under endpoints and Users --> Authentication summary report, Whether that helps you or not. You can filter that by device type. For an example you have a device type called ASA_APN, filter with that and see the reports what you are getting.

In ISE you can get the authentication summary, but the logout details you won't get.

Regards,

6 Replies 6

Hi John,

Go to Operations --> Reports --> ISE Reports --> Endpoints and Users --> Top Authorizations by User --> Select the Time Range as per the 1st snap attached here and then click Scheduled Report from the save as option. So that you can get a option for Save as Scheduled dialogue box , On that provide the appropriate details like Mail ID, Frequency and On which day of the month you need report.

1st Check for one day, then schedule it for 30 days.

Snap1.JPG

Snap 2.JPG

Regards,

Hi Sathiyanarayanan,

Thanks for your reply. I had done what you had suggested. When I receive the email, it does not attach with reporting, it ask me to get from Repository. This will be a difficulties for us because my manager will not know how to do this and if every time I done for him, if I not around, then it be an issues. Can it be done automatically?

Thanks,

John 

Hi John,

Install a SFTP client on your manager machine and define a path for that. In the ISE create a Repository for that SFTP path and map that repository for the reporting purpose. So that on the scheduled time ISE will send the report to mapped repository. So that you can open the file path, which is on the system.

Regards,

Hi Sathiyanarayanan,

One more question, can I know which report will have the VPN users usage such login and logout duration. My boss want to see each VPN users duration for a month. Can I know is it can be done?

Thank you.

Regards,

John

Hi John,

Check under endpoints and Users --> Authentication summary report, Whether that helps you or not. You can filter that by device type. For an example you have a device type called ASA_APN, filter with that and see the reports what you are getting.

In ISE you can get the authentication summary, but the logout details you won't get.

Regards,

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
To clarify here, you will not be able to auto generate the report and send it by email, it has to be exported to a configured repository. Only the notification that the report was run and exported can be emailed.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: