Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.1 BYOD Support for MAC 10.14 Mojave

maychida
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

I have a customer who is currently running ISE version 2.1 patch 7.

They would like to know the earliest ISE support date (via ISE patch) for MAC OS 10.14 Mojave.

Note: 10.14 Mojave tentative release is by October 2018.

Any comments or roadmap is highly appreciated.

-

Regards

Mayil Raj.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

There is IFD “CSCvk13701 Day0- MAC os Mojave 10.14 beta shows unsupported OS type in byod portal” filed by Day Zero team to address this.
We are waiting for official release to update the feed.
Once it is available, customer can update the posture feed and get the support.

The SR you are talking about for High Sierra is already available in the version they use but documentation is not updated.
It seems like customer didn’t want to proceed until document is updated? We didn’t take 8 months to patch this.

Please keep in mind this is public forum, please remove any customer related information

View solution in original post

That did it!  Apparently the automatic update had stopped working and I couldn't even run a manual one due to ISE complaining about the feed not being reachable. I has to download the Posture Update manually and then upload it to ISE. After installing the Posture Update I went from Supported OS version 43.0.0.0 to 46.0.0.0.

Thanks for the help!

We are on ISE 2.2 and using the client provisioning package called MacOsXSPWizard 2.3.0.43 and it is working for us for Mojave Macbooks.
Make sure to update Cisco profiling feed under Work Centers > Profiler > Feeds. Press Test Feed Service and then run Update Now to get the latest data.
Make sure to update the Posture service and confirm that the Cisco supported OS version is AT LEAST 46.0.0.0
Navigate to Administration > System > Settings Posture > Updates and look at the bottom of the page. Do the update if necessary, for us it didn't work to do online so we have to download the update file from Cisco and to an offline update manually.

16 Replies 16

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I will bring this up to our engineering and product management team and get back to you when I get an answer

There is IFD “CSCvk13701 Day0- MAC os Mojave 10.14 beta shows unsupported OS type in byod portal” filed by Day Zero team to address this.
We are waiting for official release to update the feed.
Once it is available, customer can update the posture feed and get the support.

The SR you are talking about for High Sierra is already available in the version they use but documentation is not updated.
It seems like customer didn’t want to proceed until document is updated? We didn’t take 8 months to patch this.

Please keep in mind this is public forum, please remove any customer related information

Confirmed with team this will be included with posture feed update. note i would also recommend customer evaluate a move to 2.2 or possibly 2.4 for long term release and support https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/bulletin-c25-740738.html

Jason,

Is there any update on the posture feed update?  I know you said it was coming a couple months ago.  As of today, it looks like online resources for ISE 2.3 and 2.4 still stop at MacOS 10.13, High Sierra, and nothing for 10.14 Mojave is yet listed. 

Thanks for all you do,

-Pete

2.3 and 2.4 have been updated. I checked both of them

Jason,

Again, thanks for all you do and your responsiveness.  Are the resource descriptions wrong, and the MacOsSPWizard 2.2.1.43 covers MacOS 10.14 (Mojave) also.  I just captured this from an ISE 2.4 box (2.3 looks the same)?

ISEMacOSSPWizard.JPG

Respectfully,

-Pete

Correct the same works for 10.14

i opened a defect to track CSCvm86704

I am having similar issues with ISE 2.2 on patch 4. Our Mac admins are saying they cannot register Macbooks running Mojave 10.14 using the ISE BYOD self registration.

I ran a manual feed update today but I cannot see Mojave or MacOS 10.14 appearing anywhere in ISE.

The feed update gave our ISE the SPW called MacOsXSPWizard version 2.3.0.43. Should this one support Mojave/10.14?

Also in our Client Provisioning Policy I cannot see Mojave/10.14 under the Operating Systems (see attached image), should it work anyway?

Cisco verified that the latest 10.13 service also supports 10.14.  The description simply needs to be updated 

Alright, good to know :)

It seems the issue now is that the Mojave Macbooks are denied from starting the self-registration process...

Please see attached image. Any ideas why?

Your screenshot looks a symptom when the Cisco supported OS version not updated via ISE Posture Updates. Please perform "Update Now" and that version number is 46.0.0 or later. If that not helping, please engage Cisco TAC.

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 12.41.12 PM.png

That did it!  Apparently the automatic update had stopped working and I couldn't even run a manual one due to ISE complaining about the feed not being reachable. I has to download the Posture Update manually and then upload it to ISE. After installing the Posture Update I went from Supported OS version 43.0.0.0 to 46.0.0.0.

Thanks for the help!

Is there a workaround to this? I'm confused on the solution.  Do we need to wait till official Mojave release to get our testers through the provisioning portal?  It seems there should be a workaround for this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: