cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.2 guest import pending

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

I tried to import guest users from CSV on multiple 2.2p1 ISEs but they would stay in "Pending" status under Notices tab.

10 Replies 10

bill8312311
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter,

I have the same problem, with ISE 2.2 +patch 1, after importing the users from CSV, all the accounts are in pending, now valid user accounts can be created.

have you found some solution for it?

thanks

Peng

ujayasoma
Level 1
Level 1
Did anyone managed to fix this issue yet?

Did you try to go to P2 and see if its fixed

I have P2 installed and I have the same problem. I am going to open a case with TAC.  

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't see any public-facing bugs documented for ISE 2.2 (P1 or P2) but I just tried the action on my ISE 2.3 and it worked perfectly.

If you are able to upgrade to ISE 2.3 I think you will find it much better than 2.2. Fewer bugs and the new policy studio is a huge step forward (along with many other features).

Thanks Marvin

We are worried upgrading to 2.3 since it only released few month ago and 2.2 upgraded caused so much distruptions with account lookups in multiple domains.

Is there any issues you had with the 2.3 upgrade?

Regards

I've not exercised every feature but the two ISE 2.3 deployments I've done (one lab and one production) have worked fine.

Some Cisco SEs have also recommended 2.3.  We should see 2.3 Patch 1 shortly so you might wait and see what it fixes if you're more risk-averse.

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf89109

My colleague reports the workaround is not working around. :(

This also appears to be affect 2.3 patch 1 as well.  I have to check the notify, save, uncheck notify, save for all groups them it takes a few minutes.  We are able to import a 1 or 2 files and then have to repeat the process.

abhishek.marat1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Try editing the guest type:

Account is activated 'at first logon' instead of when it is created. Then try importing a fresh CSV.

Guest type.png