Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 RADIUS attributes 135, 136 and 137

rick505d3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to send RADIUS attributes 135, 136 and 137 in a AuthZ profile to a requesting NAD. These attributes are available in ISE 1.3 as "Radius:Ascend-Client-xx" parameters. 

ise1.3-ascend-attrib.jpg

However, there is no equivalent of these in ISE 2.3. How can these attribs be send in ISE 2.3 ?

Regards, 

Rick.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I don't think that the attributes you mentioned are standard IETF attributes

https://www.iana.org/assignments/radius-types/radius-types.xhtml

And in my ISE 2.3 platform those ranges you mentioned are set to undefined, which means you can go in there are set the attributes accordingly.

I did one example below for attribute 137.  I don't know much about what type that attribute should be, but from your example it looks like a STRING.

The others should of type IPv4 most probably

ascend-radius.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I don't think that the attributes you mentioned are standard IETF attributes

https://www.iana.org/assignments/radius-types/radius-types.xhtml

And in my ISE 2.3 platform those ranges you mentioned are set to undefined, which means you can go in there are set the attributes accordingly.

I did one example below for attribute 137.  I don't know much about what type that attribute should be, but from your example it looks like a STRING.

The others should of type IPv4 most probably

ascend-radius.png

Hi Arne,

Thanks for the quick and really helpful response. I can see these as undefined as well in the Dictionary in ISE 2.3, while ISE 1.3 has these defined as in my earlier screenshot.

For reference of others, this is how I have now configured these in ISE 2.3.

ise1.3-ascend-attrib-in-ise-2.3.jpg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: