Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 Trustsec Configuration for Nexus 1000v

alex.dersch
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, 

i am struggeling with the configuration of my Nexus 1000. In the Cisco TrustSec Quick Start Configuration Guide, in the section Defining TrustSec Devices within ISE it is mentioned to configure the option "Send configuration changes to device" to use CoA.

There is a following note "The step above configures communication between the 3650 and ISE. The step must be repeated to configure the communication between the Nexus1000v and ISE."

But it seems the Nexus is not capable of receiving CoA messages. Because ISE is giving me this error "11213 No response received from Network Access Device after sending a Dynamic Authorization request "

How can I update changes of my policies to the Nexus 1000v?

thanks for your feedback

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unless something dramatic has changed in the code, the N1Kv does not support CoA. 

You can use the CLI(SSH) instead.  That is a link to ISE 2.1 documentation, but the steps are identical in 2.3.

If you simply need the N1Kv to be aware of changes you have made in ISE configuration (such as in the TrustSec Matrix or SGACL, which would normally be pushed to a device via CoA), you can use a simple CLI command in NX-OS. 

N1kv# cts refresh role-based-policy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Unless something dramatic has changed in the code, the N1Kv does not support CoA. 

You can use the CLI(SSH) instead.  That is a link to ISE 2.1 documentation, but the steps are identical in 2.3.

If you simply need the N1Kv to be aware of changes you have made in ISE configuration (such as in the TrustSec Matrix or SGACL, which would normally be pushed to a device via CoA), you can use a simple CLI command in NX-OS. 

N1kv# cts refresh role-based-policy

Hi Jonathan, 

thanks for your reply, just testing while I am writing this lines.

I assume this is also valid for the Neus 5K switches.

Best regards

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: