Helpful
Replies

ISE and SMS notification

guillerm
Level 1
Level 1

Environment

ISE 1.1.2

As already stated in other posts in this forum, it appears there is a kind of limitation when configuring SMS Notification options via the ISE GUI interface under the "Administration ==> Web Portal Management ==> Settings ==> Sponsor ==> Language template ==> English ==> Configuring SMS Text message Notification"  panel :

the Destination field, in this panel, can only contain explicitely the email address of the SMS Gateway;

it cannot contain an email address with the %mobilenumber% variable, such as %mobilenumber%@domain.com ;

this variable is never replaced by ISE;

I read the ISE User's Guide about that part which explains the Gateway can be an Email/SMS third party service Provider such as clickatell.com ;

but, it would have been more than nice if CISCO could take into account other kind of SMS gateways, especially those based on "off the rack" hard/soft appliances owned by the customer and whose most common way of working is by sending them an email with destination field based on the previously referred  format  : %mobilenumber%@domain.com ;

Is this a feature that could appear soon in futures ISE releases ?

thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

This feature is not available till now. It may be in cooperated in ISE 1.2, its release is still in road map.

Unfortunately it does not look like this has been implimented in version 1.2.

Hello,  I'm trying with version 1.3.

In "SMTP API destination address:"  field I have configured :  $mobilenumber$@destino.local

In body field,  I put for example "movil:$mobilenumber$"

Then, when testing,  ISE don't  put the phone number in "To:" field,  but it's ok in the "body" field.

¿I'm doing something wrong or that functionality is not supported ?

Anas Naqvi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

No, as Mark mentioned, this feature still not available in ISE 1.2

"Cisco ISE sends the text messages as e-mail messages to the gateway"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_ug.pdf