Views
Helpful
Replies

ise certificate for eap authentication

elite2010
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to use public ca's certificate for eap authentication , But my client's still prompting for to connect or not to connect 

why 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yahya.jaber
Level 1
Level 1

you will keep seeing it for the first time connection. unless you push it through active directory GP

but every time a new client tries to connect through 802.1x it will see the warning.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

andrewswanson
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Are your CA root/intermediate certificates added to ISE's Trusted Certificate Store?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_20/b_ise_admin_guide_20_chapter_0111.html#ID995

hth

Andy

Hi,

All intermediate and root CA'S are added

THnaks

Hello,

Did you find the root of this issue? If so what was the solution?

Thanks

There are many causes for an issue such as this. It would be recommended to outline the specifics to your deployment and endpoint issue in a new thread.

Thank you for replying,
We actually do not have this issue. We are preparing to deploy a Publicly signed certificate in place of our currently privately signed certificate for Cisco ISE EAP. I found this issue doing research in preparation for that deployment and wanted to ensure that we don't have such an issue.
Thank You!

yahya.jaber
Level 1
Level 1

you will keep seeing it for the first time connection. unless you push it through active directory GP

but every time a new client tries to connect through 802.1x it will see the warning.