Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE: Changing Policy Mode

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I want to move to policy sets from our current compex set of rules, has anyone done this and if so what happens to your existing rules?

I've looked through the documentation and all it says is that you can change the policy mode but not what happens to your existing policy.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

• After you do a fresh install of ISE 1.2 or upgrade from Cisco ISE, Release 1.1 to ISE version 1.2, the Simple Mode policy model is selected by default.
  • If you choose to switch to Policy Set Mode from Simple Mode, the authentication and authorization policies are migrated to the default policy set.
  • If you choose to switch to Simple Mode from Policy Set Mode, the authentication and authorization of the default policy set are migrated to be the authentication and authorization policies. All other policy set policies are deleted.

For more information on evaluation of policy set please refer to ISE 1.2 User Guide.

Here is the link for the same.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/user_guide/ise_user_guide/ise_auth_pol.html#pgfId-1324786

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

• After you do a fresh install of ISE 1.2 or upgrade from Cisco ISE, Release 1.1 to ISE version 1.2, the Simple Mode policy model is selected by default.
  • If you choose to switch to Policy Set Mode from Simple Mode, the authentication and authorization policies are migrated to the default policy set.
  • If you choose to switch to Simple Mode from Policy Set Mode, the authentication and authorization of the default policy set are migrated to be the authentication and authorization policies. All other policy set policies are deleted.

For more information on evaluation of policy set please refer to ISE 1.2 User Guide.

Here is the link for the same.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/user_guide/ise_user_guide/ise_auth_pol.html#pgfId-1324786

Thanks for the quick answer! I must be blind I was looking at the same document.