Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE CWA with AD Authentication

Will Kerr
Level 1
Level 1
Hey Guys,
I'm trying to configure a CWA that will only pass web auth if you login with a certain AD group.   I’m pretty sure you set the authentication for a CWA via an ISS on the portal configuration.  With an ISS you can’t lock it down to a specific group, and by the time they pass the web authentication I don’t think I could have them fail via an authz policy that references an AD group. 

Any help on making this work appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Will-

To answer your question: You control the actual access in your authorization policies. For instance, you can configure the policies where:

1. 1) If user is part of internal ISE guest users then they get Intenret Only
  2. 2) If user is part of external AD group “Contractors” they get Internet+Some Internal access
  3. 3) If user is part of external AD group “Domain Users” then they get Internet Only+Access to Intranet site

You would control the actual access via Named ACLs in the WLCs that are then referenced in your Authorization Policies.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Will-

To answer your question: You control the actual access in your authorization policies. For instance, you can configure the policies where:

1. 1) If user is part of internal ISE guest users then they get Intenret Only
  2. 2) If user is part of external AD group “Contractors” they get Internet+Some Internal access
  3. 3) If user is part of external AD group “Domain Users” then they get Internet Only+Access to Intranet site

You would control the actual access via Named ACLs in the WLCs that are then referenced in your Authorization Policies.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: