cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Guest flow with guest user type license required

David_D
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE guest wireless use case consumes a base license: that we know.

If the guest wireless use case now leverages any guest user type (IdentityGroup:Name equals User Identity Groups: GuestType_Contractor), is now a Plus license required?

thanks much,

David D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I believe this is because you’re using the Remember me flow. This doesn’t seem right. Please open a defect and tac case and I will escalate it to the Product managers to see what can be done. Send me a direct PM

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Nope. EndpointIdentity Groups that you create yourself (or relate to GuestType) don't consume Plus licenses.  Plus license only consumed when you use a Group that relates to Profiling (e.g. if device is an Apple device).

Hi Arne,

Thanks much for your reply.  You are correct.  However, my particular use case leverages IdentityGroup:Name (as described in the ISE Guest Prescriptive Deployment Guide) and in this case, Plus licenses ARE expected to be consumed.  My reference is the note for Plus licenses in Table 1 of the new ISE Adminstrator guide. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_24/b_ise_admin_guide_24_new_chapter_0110.html

This must be a new change; eh?

best regards,

David D.

I believe this is because you’re using the Remember me flow. This doesn’t seem right. Please open a defect and tac case and I will escalate it to the Product managers to see what can be done. Send me a direct PM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: