cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE(identity services engine) Compatability with 4400 Controllers

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

We have mixture of wireless controllers in our environment consisting of Cisco 4400 and 5500 series wireless controllers.  We are in the early stages of piloting Cisco's Identity Services Engine.  I am trying to get clarification if it is fully compatible with 4400 series controllers running on 7.0.116 code, or do you have to use 5500 series on 7.2?  Can someone please clarify this.  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI,

Here is the network compatibility guide for ISE - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1/compatibility/ise_sdt.html#wp55038

There are some new features (i.e. device registration web authentication) that I find very useful when you want to incorporate device registration without redirecting users to a login page, this is not supported on the 4400s since they can't run Radius NAC in mac filtering mode (i.e. fixed in 7.2). I do feel that there is a bug in this document because I have seen CWA work on the 7.0 code.

I hope this helps,

Tarik Admani

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Please check the compatibility List:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: