cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Import Network Devices via CSV

jharper2
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to import a CSV file to add large quantities of Network Devices. I have downloaded the template that is provided in ISE and filled in the necessary information. When I go to import the CSV, I have received a variety of errors. What is the correct process for importing a CSV file? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

Importing devices using the CSV file should be a straight forward process however is sounds like there is something going on. Please reach out to the TAC to troubleshoot further.

Regards,
Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

Importing devices using the CSV file should be a straight forward process however is sounds like there is something going on. Please reach out to the TAC to troubleshoot further.

Regards,
Tim

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
There are a few different common errors when you import from a CSV. Share the errors with us and there might be an easy fix.

1. NDG group doesnt exist - Column F includes the network device group and location information. You need to pre build these in ISE, ISE will not generate the NDG structure during import.
2. Invalid ip address - Column C needs to be specified with a subnet mask, ex. 10.1.3.6/32
3. Format issue - Coulmn AX "Enable Multi Shared Secret:Boolean(true|false)" has to be blank depending on certain conditions, neither true nor false, just blank.

Damien, thanks for not giving the "contact TAC" line and actually contributing quick, usable information that enriches the quality of this forum.  Your solution helped quickly identify and solve my issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: