Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Licensing renewed

__Beth__
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We were notified today that our ISE licensing was getting ready to expire (expires October 2016).  We have since imported the new license file, which essentially doubled the count.  We are thinking we need to delete the old file.  Before we do, I have some questions:

* Is that the right thing to do?

* Will it impact the system if done during production hours?

* Is there anything else I should be concerned about in regard to removing this file?

Personas: Administration, Monitoring, Policy Service (All)
Role: STANDALONE
System Time: Jun 13 2016 12:01:38 PM PST8PDT
FIPS Mode: Disabled
Version: 1.4.0.253
Patch Information:

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as the new license is installed and recognized, and the existing session count does not exceed the number and type of licenses available on it, deleting the old one will have zero impact on production services.

It would have been best to wait to get the new one since the clock starts ticking on that one as soon as the PAK is issued. You missed out on the four months you could have kept running on the old license.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as the new license is installed and recognized, and the existing session count does not exceed the number and type of licenses available on it, deleting the old one will have zero impact on production services.

It would have been best to wait to get the new one since the clock starts ticking on that one as soon as the PAK is issued. You missed out on the four months you could have kept running on the old license.

Thank you!  We definitely wait next time. 

Hello Marvin

Thanks for your assistance Things were indeed working OK. In fact i got the licenses as well just now, so will apply the licenses as well. I recently took over the environment and upgrade is indeed top priority.

Thanks once again