Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE licensing

minkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Customer has got new requirement for Cisco ISE. I would like to know the licensing options.. Basic, advanced, wirless all those basic things are available with me, I would want to know what Model of the ISE supports how many end points, For instance, 3495 supports 20,000 endpoints.

Where could I find Server options!!

Minakshi

1 Reply 1

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Deployment Size and Scaling Recommendations

This section provides guidance on the size of the physical and virtual machine appliances that you would need for your deployment based the number of endpoints that connect to your network. Table 1-1 provides guidance on the type of deployment, number of Cisco ISE nodes, and the type of appliance (small, medium, large) that you need based on the number of endpoints that connect to your network.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/installation_guide/ise_ig/ise_deploy.html#38873

Deployment Type
Number of Nodes/Personas
Appliance Platform
Maximum Number of Dedicated Policy Service Nodes
Number of Active Endpoints

Small

Standalone or redundant (2) nodes with Administration, Policy Service, and Monitoring personas enabled.

Cisco ISE 3300 Series (3315, 3355, 3395)

Maximum of 2,000 endpoints

Cisco ISE 3415

Maximum of 5,000 endpoints

Cisco ISE 3495

Maximum of 10,000 endpoints

Medium

Administration and Monitoring personas on single or redundant nodes. Maximum of 2 Administration and Monitoring nodes.

Cisco ISE-3355 or Cisco SNS 3415 appliances for Administration and Monitoring personas

Maximum of 5,000 endpoints

Cisco ISE 3395 or Cisco SNS 3495 appliances for Administration and Monitoring personas

Maximum of 10,000 endpoints

Large

Dedicated Administration node/nodes. Maximum of 2 Administration nodes.

Dedicated Monitoring node/nodes. Maximum of 2 Monitoring nodes.

Cisco ISE 3395 appliances for Administration and Monitoring personas

Maximum of 100,000 endpoints

Cisco SNS 3495 appliances for Administration and Monitoring personas

Maximum of 250,000 endpoints