Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Lockdown user

cisco8887
Level 2
Level 2

All,

few questions on topic of ISE today :) and think this one deserves its own thread

Can you lock down users in windows not to type their login details and use single sign on ?

I suppose use by using group policy and on the machine configuring dot1x for the user only and not machine( we are not authenticating the machine)

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Yes, you can configure a group policy to configure 802.1x on a computer to authenticate a user, this can be transparent. Either EAP-TLS (certificate) or PEAP/MSCHAPv2 (username and password) - both methods can be transparent, assuming the computer is trusting the certificates.

Any reason why not doing computer authentication? You can do both, the benefit of authenticating the computer is that computer gpo are processed.

HTH

thanks for this

do you have any article to show the process for wlc 8 and ise 2.2?

what do you mean by it applies GPOs?

Here is the best place for ISE configuration guides

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-64012

What I mean by gpo i was referring to the windows group policies. When the computer boots up it updates the computer group policies, when a user logins it processes user group policies. So you may want to authenticate the user and computer to ensure all group policies are updated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: