Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE maximum concurrent user (same user)

Hi buddies

Is possible Cisco ISE, limit the simultaneous login?

Example:

Use A has laptop, iphone, ipad, android table and android mobile. Today, the user can login in corporate wlan simultaneous (with same user/pass) in all devices.

The customers wants limit, for example, 3 simultaneos login (with same user/pass), by SSID, for example for SSID Vip simultaneous login = 5, for SSID X, simultaneous login = 3.

The WLC redirect all SSID (guest(WEB-AUTH) and corporate (802.1X)) to ISE

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I also need to know if it can be limited for internal employees and not necessarily guest users.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

wilson.yu
Level 1
Level 1

I also had a similar problem.

Hi,

I will let your Cisco account team provide the official response since 1.2 isnt out, but I can validate that this feature is available in 1.2. However the lab that I covered only allowed 1 or unlimited there wasnt a feature that allows you to set a number.

However, my response isnt official but I have seen and touched the 1.2 software.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

As of now there is no way to restrict per user max. Maybe this will be introduced in Cisco ISE version 1.2.

Hello All,

Its possible now to restrict Max Concurrent Sessions per User/Group

URL: -https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine-22/204463-Configure-Maximum-Concurrent-User-Sessio.html

P.S - Sharing on this old post to have the document handy for reference.

Regards

Bhupinder

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

This will be available in 1.2 coming out this month.

Anas Naqvi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

FYI, you can follow the below post on a similar problem

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4015230#4015230

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

Yes its possible and you can see the following link for this and other feature, configuration and information

http://www.slideshare.net/slandrews/cisco-ise-boyd-v12

Thank you,

Kashif,

The customer is asking about the multiple logins for internal employee and not a guest user. I do not know if this is possible even in ise 1.2.

Also which slides are you referring to?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

I also need to know if it can be limited for internal employees and not necessarily guest users.

Kevin,

the concurrent login sessions is only limited for guest users. Currently 1.2 doesnt have this feature for internal users.

Tarik Admani

Tarik,

What about now? It's possible in ISE1.3??

Not for Guest user, its possible for internal users???

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

User session limit posssible only for guest user

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: