cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE migration for Cisco 3395 servers to Cisco SNS 3495 question

west33637
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all. I have a customer that is running ISE 1.2 on a Cisco 3395 server and wants to migrate to the Cisco SNS 3495 servers due to impending EoL. My question is -- does this customer need to purchase the Cisco SNS 3495 server with a whole new software license, or can they transfer or reuse the software license from their 3395 servers?

What will be the best course of action for them. Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah, sorry, I was referring to the base, plus, apex (or base, advanced from earlier ISE levels) - which are the only licenses you really need to be concerned about.  If you look at the details in CCW, that line item you are referring to is the only one where the cost is shown for the 3495 (other than SmartNet if you have that added).  That is not a SKU you can add/remove.  Basically, you have what you need from a hardware perspective when you buy the appliance.  You can rehost the software licensing (base, plus, apex) after you get the new appliances up and running. 

Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tim Steele
Level 1
Level 1

No, the license can be re-hosted.  That shouldn't be a problem.  Check with the local Cisco team but they may be able to use migration SKUs to save a bit of coin.. :)

Hello Tim. From what I see in CCW, I don't think the actual ISE software license can be rehosted.

The 3495 requires this software license for ISE - SW-3495-ISE-K9 ---- desc - Cisco ISE Software for SNS-3495-K9. This is specific to the 3495 hardware and you are unable to order it any other way.

The only thing I see that can be rehosted are the feature subscription licenses (base, advanced, etc).

Ah, sorry, I was referring to the base, plus, apex (or base, advanced from earlier ISE levels) - which are the only licenses you really need to be concerned about.  If you look at the details in CCW, that line item you are referring to is the only one where the cost is shown for the 3495 (other than SmartNet if you have that added).  That is not a SKU you can add/remove.  Basically, you have what you need from a hardware perspective when you buy the appliance.  You can rehost the software licensing (base, plus, apex) after you get the new appliances up and running. 

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: