Replies

ISE patches

Robenneke
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening,

Quick question

I've upgraded ISE version 1.1 to version 1.2

I see there are also 5 patches available. Those patches are cumulative. Does that mean that patch 5 has patches 1 to 4 included?

Or do I have to start with patch 1 all the way up to patch 5?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yeah, that means Patch 5 has all fix of previous patches.

Please be aware that applying patch 5 to Cisco ISE 1.2 will reboot the nodes on which it is installed. Please make sure you carry out this activity in a maintenance window with a downtime. Cisco ISE 1.2 will also reboot if you revert from patch 5 to an earlier version.

Resolved Issues in Cisco ISE Version 1.2.0.899—Cumulative Patch 5

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/release_notes/ise12_rn.html#wp437397

This issue has been addressed in patch 6 so when you apply patch 6, it doesn't require a reboot, only application process will be restarted,

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Ok, thanks.

I've already rolled out the patch in a distributed environment. It was a nice process. Installed it on the primary admin node. This admin node 'takes care' of the other nodes sequential. So, reloading a node did not result in downtime.

Again, thanks for your answer. I am happy!

Eeeh... Patch 6?

That one isn't available for download yet, is it?

No, not yet. I checked yesterday only. It should be there anytime next week.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

FYI, patch 6 is available for download

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco ISE Pathc 6 was released on 20 Fen,2014 you can download the patch 6 from the cisco web sites and check the release note from the link given below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/release_notes/ise12_rn.html

and you are right path 6 will contains all the previous updated ( from patch 1 to 5)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: