cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Problem: EAP-TLS failed SSL/TLS handshake because of an unknown CA in the client certificates chain

jrodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I´m stucked with this problem for 3 weeks now.

I´m not able to configure the EAP-TLS autentication.
In the "Certificate Store" of the ISE server I have Installed the Root, policy and the Issuing certificates as "trust for client authentication",and in the Local store I have a certificate issuing for the same issuing authority which sign the thw client ones.
The ISE´s certificate has been issued with the "server Authentication certificate" template.
The clients have installed the certificates  also the certificate chain.
When I try to authenticate the wireless clients I allways get the same error: "     Authentication failed : 12514 EAP-TLS failed SSL/TLS handshake because of an unknown CA in the client certificates chain"
and "OpenSSLErrorMessage=SSL alert
code=0x230=560 ; source=local ; type=fatal ; message="Unknown CA - error self-signed certificate in chain",OpenSSLErrorStack=  1208556432:error:140890B2:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:no certificate returned:s3_srvr.c:2720"
I don´t know what else can I do.

Thank you
Jorge

15 Replies 15

Hello,

Thanks for your response. we have a mdm onboarded iphone which is configured for EAP-TLS. we are getting this error even though the options you mentioned are enabled for CA. 

we are getting this error "EAP-TLS failed SSL/TLS handshake after a client alert"

Thanks,

Aravind.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: