Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Profiling HP Printers

Roger Base
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Forum.

I cannot get my HP printers to be profiled correctly as HP Laser Jet XX model. I have enabled DHCP, SNMP Trap & Query, Radius profiling services. My HP Printers are profiled as "HP-Device". Is there any way to profile HP printers as the original model number?  

5 Replies 5

andrewswanson
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Use the nmap probe to get snmp attributes (model specific) from the printers

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-1/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_21/b_ise_admin_guide_20_chapter_010100.html#concept_57A4A7ADE3DA429A821900C5CBEA8BF0

hth

Andy

OK , which tcp and/or udp ports does that require? I need to allow that on my firewall. 

udp 161 for snmp

hth

Andy

And if that still doesn't work - what version of ISE are you using?  Later versions have improved Profiling databases / better profiling database organisation.

Also, don't forget to let your ISE out to the internet so it can pull down Profiler Updates from Cisco.

Kevin S Hatch
Level 1
Level 1

Also very important,  make sure the JetDirect Certificate is valid from the printer.  HP sets these to expire 5 year from date of manufactre date.  If you have any that have expired, they may show up on the Blackhole list.  Make sure you regenerate a new certificate for these devices.