Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE "SSH connect error" on version 2.1

vinmangal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco expert Team,

I was trying to upgrade ise from 1.3 to latest 2.3. After upgrading my ISE to 2.1 ( patch 6), I am no longer able to download 2.3.0 upgrade file from  same SFTP server which was working earlier on same ISE on version 1.3. I am getting SSH connection error on CLI mode. and download failed error on GUI. I have tried adding same sftp repository with another name, Tried removing and adding crypto host key options, I can still see all back-up files in "show repository ". Also able to take back-up of ISE config as well. but can't downlaod upgrade bundle file using CLI or GUI.

I am using Window 2012 server as SFTP repository.

Please help with this technical problem..! I am not able to upgrade further ISE node to latest 2.3 version. 

Regards,

vinman

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AlexPi
Level 1
Level 1

I had issues with SFTP on 2.1 as well, but for me it never worked to begin with!

My workaround was to download FileZilla server,which you can install anywhere you like. Upload the 2.3 upgrade via FTP, which worked like a charm. When I finished with the upgrade and the patches I disable the FTP server and killed the mapping on ISE as well.

Not a solution, but a workaround.

Hope that helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------
If this was helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking on the star icon below.
-------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Thanks Alex,

I found out that ISE 2.1 is not compatible with Window 2012 Server as SFTP repository( which worked with ISE 1.3) . I had to chose another Linux server as SFTP repository which worked well.

In production we don't have option to chose FileZilla as SFTP. We only have to chose Linux/Unix Server as SFTP Repository.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AlexPi
Level 1
Level 1

I had issues with SFTP on 2.1 as well, but for me it never worked to begin with!

My workaround was to download FileZilla server,which you can install anywhere you like. Upload the 2.3 upgrade via FTP, which worked like a charm. When I finished with the upgrade and the patches I disable the FTP server and killed the mapping on ISE as well.

Not a solution, but a workaround.

Hope that helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------
If this was helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking on the star icon below.
-------------------------------------

Thanks Alex,

I found out that ISE 2.1 is not compatible with Window 2012 Server as SFTP repository( which worked with ISE 1.3) . I had to chose another Linux server as SFTP repository which worked well.

In production we don't have option to chose FileZilla as SFTP. We only have to chose Linux/Unix Server as SFTP Repository.