Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE upgrade 1.1.x to 1.2.1

darin.marais
Level 4
Level 4

I have read in a Cisco document that

"You can upgrade to Cisco ISE, Release 1.2.1 directly from any of the following releases

; Cisco ISE, Release 1.1.4 with patch 11 or later"

The ISE reports the following;

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 2.0
ADE-OS Build Version: 2.0.4.120
ADE-OS System Architecture: i386
Cisco Identity Services Engine Version      : 1.1.4.218

Cisco Identity Services Engine Patch Version      : 12
---------------------------------------------

We plan to use "ise-upgradebundle-1.1.x-to-1.2.1.198.i386.tar.gz" with the application upgrade command.

I was just wondering if there are any members that have actually carried out this upgrade and if there is any feedback for for "how successful or not so successful" the upgrade has gone? :-)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gagandeep Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darin,

The upgrade should work.

The process for upgrading to Release 1.2.1 is the same as upgrading to Release 1.2. The system reboots twice when you upgrade from Release 1.1.x to 1.2.1 because it involves a 32-bit to 64-bit system upgrade, but only once when you upgrade from Release 1.2.x to 1.2.1 because Release 1.2 is a 64-bit system.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/upgrade_guide/b_ise_upgrade_guide/b_ise_upgrade_guide_chapter_01.html#reference_4FF9C8C761A0456E8A94A7B307A603F5

Just go through "Important Notes To Read Before You Upgrade" from above link.

Regards

Gagan

ps: rate helpful posts!!!!!!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Gagandeep Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darin,

The upgrade should work.

The process for upgrading to Release 1.2.1 is the same as upgrading to Release 1.2. The system reboots twice when you upgrade from Release 1.1.x to 1.2.1 because it involves a 32-bit to 64-bit system upgrade, but only once when you upgrade from Release 1.2.x to 1.2.1 because Release 1.2 is a 64-bit system.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/upgrade_guide/b_ise_upgrade_guide/b_ise_upgrade_guide_chapter_01.html#reference_4FF9C8C761A0456E8A94A7B307A603F5

Just go through "Important Notes To Read Before You Upgrade" from above link.

Regards

Gagan

ps: rate helpful posts!!!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: