cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Upgrade 2.0 > 2.4

James Davies
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen an issue when doing this via the GUI? it fails to download to the secondary unit, even though connectivity is fine?

it can see the file in the FTP REPO, just says "download failed" all the time, is it easier to goto 2.1 first do you think?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You have to work through this with TAC. I recommend running through the steps of the URT and then submitting the failure log file it spits out.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/upgrade_guide/b_ise_upgrade_guide_24/b_ise_upgrade_guide_24_chapter_01.html#urt

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
There is a very short timeout in earlier ISE versions. The reccomend approach to avoid this is to create a repo that points at the root of disk. Copy the upgrade file manually via ftp to disk: on each node, then during the upgrade use the disk repo. Each node will "download" the upgrade file still, but it will grab it locally.

I would rather jump upgrade like youre trying vs going to 2.1 first. It's a lot more work adding additional upgrades. I woule rather build two new 2.4 nodes and restore the 2.0 backup before doing that.

When doing 1 unit at a time, I get:

- Data upgrade step 83/126, DictionaryUpgradeRegistration(2.2.0.410)... Done in 0 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 84/126, UPSUpgradeHandler(2.3.0.100)... Failed.
% Error: ISE Global data upgrade failed!
cat: /boot/integritycheck.sums: No such file or directory
Attempting to rollback: Rolling back the configuration database...
Starting application after rollback...
./isedbupgrade-newmodel.sh: illegal option -- 1
Invalid option: -

You have to work through this with TAC. I recommend running through the steps of the URT and then submitting the failure log file it spits out.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/upgrade_guide/b_ise_upgrade_guide_24/b_ise_upgrade_guide_24_chapter_01.html#urt