Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - Upgrade from 1.2.0.899 Patch 17 to 1.4

__Beth__
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am tasked with upgrading ISE to 1.4.  Part of the instruction state the following:

"If you are upgrading a Cisco ISE node on a virtual machine (VM) from Release 1.2 or 1.2.1, after you upgrade, ensure that you power down the VM and change the Guest Operating System to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (64-bit), and power the VM on after the change. "

Is this something that can be done when I shut the machine down for the snapshot?  I have to bring another person in for the VM side of things and would like to get everything done sooner rather than later.

After this, I will then be looking at going to 2.0.  If anyone has any tips, tricks or other advice they would like to offer, I would love to hear them. :)

Thanks you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Beth,

This comes under post-upgrade tasks so need to be performed once upgrade is finished. If you have plans to take a snapshot after the upgrade then yes you can do it.

~ Jatin

~Jatin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Beth,

This comes under post-upgrade tasks so need to be performed once upgrade is finished. If you have plans to take a snapshot after the upgrade then yes you can do it.

~ Jatin

~Jatin

Thank you for your help.

Your welcome Beth !!

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: