cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[ISE V2.3]Error 'ise operation failed.' during importing a new certificate in the trusted certificates.

Jihye Han
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

I have 2 PANs as the PAN Primary and PAN secondary and I exported the certificate of the PAN_Secondary and imported it to the Trusted Certificates to join the node.

But I got error message 'ise operation failed. check that files being uploaded exist and are readable. failure could also be due to an http timeout error.' during importing a new certificate.

Do anybody know this error message?

Thanks.

Jihye.

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Not seen that before when importing any cert into ISE. What does the exported cert look like in a text editor? I think ISE exports in PEM format and so you should see the BEGIN CERTIFICATE text etc. Maybe something doesn’t look right in that file?

Are you able to import any other cert like a root ca cert (just as an example )?

what you’re doing by importing the pan 2 cert into pan 1 is technically feasible but it’s not ideal. Self signed certs are no basis to build a long term system. It doesn’t scale. It brings browser warnings. Renewing these things is a pain. If you can issue an ISE Admin cert via some PKI or via a public ca the i would advise you do that. That’s just an aside ... what you’re attempting should however not result in an error. Ise 2.3 is not famous for its quality either

Hi,

I have resolved my issue with the following steps.

1)Re-installed the DNS server -> I thought this issue was caused by DNS resolrution.

2)Tried to reboot for each Node.

3)After, I was able to import the CTL of PAN2 into the PAN1 and I can proceed registering the pan2 node well.

Thanks.

Jihye.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: