cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lost access to ISE GUI after upgrade

muradhattar
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded ISE 1.3 to 2.0, not only did I lost my active directory integration but also the local GUI account. I still have access to the command line but I know the admin user/pass on there are different than the ones in the GUI , but you can see them in the command line but the command is different than the regular 

username JOEblow pass plain SOandSO 

If someone can post a sanitized copy of the show run | b user I anticipate that we could recreate local GUI credentials from the command line if you still have access to it. I can't find out what the exact command is .

This document below addresses the active directory integration but not this issue specifically:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/release_notes/ise20_rn.html

Admin User Unable to Access the ISE Login Page Post Upgrade

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFAIK, the only username syntax exist for ISE is to create CLI user account and not gui.

Here is the command reference link

~ Jatin

~Jatin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

muradhattar
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone ? Would be really nice to know what the resultant syntax in the command line would be if someone would just create a local admin account from the GUI. 

Brother, unfortunately you cannot create the GUI account from CLI. You can just reset the password of the existing account.

~ Jatin

~Jatin

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should use this to reset the password of your GUI account.

application reset-passwd ise <GUI-ACCOUNT>

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/144031/how-reset-cli-and-database-passwords-adminuser-ise

~ Jatin

~Jatin

Thanks Jatin. I guess I need at least one local GUI user account to do that. 

application reset-passwd ise ?
<WORD> Username for which password is to be reset (Max Size - 64)

the upgrade process wiped all the GUI accounts 

I know you may not be able to create the GUI passwords from the command line but I've seen the syntax for the GUI usernames and would like to try typing that into the CLI and see if it works if you can throw the syntax over that would help .

Cheers

AFAIK, the only username syntax exist for ISE is to create CLI user account and not gui.

Here is the command reference link

~ Jatin

~Jatin

You're right I used that cli command to reset the username of a user in the GUI and am back in . I think what I thought was the username for the GUI turned out to be the one for the ftp repository . 

Glad to know, you're in ;)

Have a wonderful day mate.

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: