Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac-Filtering on ISE

Mady
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I created internal endpoint groups which I manually add the MAC address of user's device. The AuthZ policy I created is EndpointGroupA and SSID-GroupA = permit access. 

I also have CWA portal, users who register to that portal will tag their endpoint as RegisteredDevice.

My challenge is when user with MAC addess A (example only) that  is manually added to EndpointGroupA registers to CWA portal its MAC address A is now tag as RegisteredDevice.

So whenever this MAC address A access the SSID-GroupA which requires MAC-filtered device - it cannot connect to that SSID.

Hope you can help me on this. I'm thinking if there is other attribute for MAC filtering that I can use on the policy. Or any additional policy that I can configure.

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies 7

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Untitled.jpg

Try the attached authorization policies for CWA after the following ones:

1-if EndpointGroupA and SSID-GroupA then permit access (manual endpoint entries would get access)

2-if Network Access:UseCase EQUALS Guest Flow then permit access

***********THE ATTACHED POLICIES WOULD GO HERE*********

(the NOT EQUALS can be replaced by NOT CONTAINS

thanks for your reply. I will try your suggestion. I would like to ask if is it possible to assign endpoint to two different endpoint groups for example? Because I used hotspot, self-registered and BYOD and each has different endpoint group.

there's a chance that the mac filtered endpoint connects to all of that portal and it will be tag to different group.

no, you cannot assign an endpoint to different endpoint groups. You would have to play with the authz policies AND the Endpoint Group from the portal (see below).

pic 1.jpg

:) thanks! it seems that I really need to work on my AuthZ policy. I will definitely try your recommendation.

do not forget to rate, thanks

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

BTW, MAB authentication is not safe (spoofing can happen) unless you are ONLY allowing internet access to anyone connected to your SSIDGroupA.

Yes, it has access to internet only. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: