Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from ACS to ISE - wireless nextG authentication

Srin_G
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

After lot of google research i almost got the setup and policies ok but stuck in a verifying the DNIS (Dialled number identification service). In ACS, I have CLI/DNIS based access restrictions for wireless nextg users, the document says it is related to radius-attribute 31 calling-station-id.

In ISE, when i create the authorization profile i cannot define attribute 31 in the advanced attribute settings.

Any workaround for this? attached some screenshots.

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok good to know - I was just checking the basics.

I just tried creating this Authorization Policy in my ISE 2.2 patch 2 system and it works fine. 

I think ISE drop down menu is misleading  - the drop down list is alphabetical but it doesn't show all the possible attributes (probably an ISE bug).  In the search bar type in Calling" and then it appears. 

blah.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Callin-Station-ID is one of the most often used attributes.  Have a look if you can see it in the Radius dictionary (see graphic below).  Where are you trying to use this attribute?  It may be that ISE restricts the usage of the attribute in some part of its logic.

Calling-Station-ID.png

Hi Arne,

Yeah it is present in the dictionary but cannot select the attribute while configuring authorization profile's advanced attributes (pls refer my screenshot).

The idea is to map a mobile number to a local username and provide network connectivity.

regards

Ok good to know - I was just checking the basics.

I just tried creating this Authorization Policy in my ISE 2.2 patch 2 system and it works fine. 

I think ISE drop down menu is misleading  - the drop down list is alphabetical but it doesn't show all the possible attributes (probably an ISE bug).  In the search bar type in Calling" and then it appears. 

blah.PNG

Great find! Thanks mate.