cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC CAM won't update from 4.8.3 to 4.9.1...FILE SIZE

jcarrabine1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running into an issue trying to update my NAC from 4.8.3 to 4.9.1. I have also tried to update to 4.9 and got the same error. I keep getting Error: Failed to upload file Content length exceeded (669550974 > 524288000) which indicates to me that the NAC is expecting to see a max file size of 524288000 but the tar.gz that I'm sending is the 669550974. I have not seen anything in the release notes about having to do anything special to get this to upload. Has anyone else run into this issue and got it resolved?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

-J

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This actually happens when you use web upgrade method. This is a limitation of the web upload feature. An alternative method of transferring the image onto the CAM is winscp or ssh file transfer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jatin

~Jatin

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This actually happens when you use web upgrade method. This is a limitation of the web upload feature. An alternative method of transferring the image onto the CAM is winscp or ssh file transfer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jatin

~Jatin

Well thanks for the information. I'll give it a try and report back, but I don't know why this was not stated in the release notes, unless this is the way it has been from day one???

This is what I see in the release notes for Cisco NAC Appliance, Version 4.9

Known Issues with Web Upgrade in Release 4.1(3), 4.1(6), and 4.1(8)

In Cisco NAC Appliance Release 4.8, web upgrade is no longer supported and cannot be used to upgrade Cisco NAC Appliances on Release 4.1(3) and later. To upgrade your Cisco NAC Appliances from Release 4.1(3) and later, you must run the upgrade script via the in-place Install/Upgrade CD method, as described in Upgrading to Release 4.9.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/release_notes/49/49rn.html#wp608885

Regards,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts

~Jatin

Well there must be something to that is well. I did manage to get my NAC from 7.x to 8.3 via the web interface. The 8.3 upgrade was only about 250mb vs. 638mb  for 9.1.

I started by trying to upgrade from 7.x to 9.1 directly and got the file size error. I thought that by doing the incremental update with 8.3 it would either open the partition space for 9.1 or it was one of those Cisco things where the update needed to be sequential and you could not update directly from 7.x to 9.1.

My luck will be that I will update the thing and it won't even solve the issue that is preventing us from using the darn thing.

Thanks for the help/information

-J

Just wanted to pop in to say that worked. I just used WINSCP to copy the file to the CAM/CAS and followed the steps to upgrade in the release notes.

Thanks again.

Glad

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: