Views
Helpful
Replies

nac guest server multiple NIC configuration

lanny-8080
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a nac guest server 3315 appliance with 4 NICs. I want to connect each NIC to 4 different networks without allowing traffic between them. So RADIUS interface will be different from sponsor/admin interface to the NGS.

Does any one have an idea how to achieve this. I have created and assigned a static IP address using system-config-network, but when i do ifconfig i dont see the remaining 3 NICs and the web interface doesnt seem to have provision to create this interfaces.

Many thanks

3 Replies 3

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The 3315 is used for other products so the 4 NIC is not specifically used for the NGS so the software only uses radius on its eth0 interface.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/guestserver/configuration_guide/20/g_install.html

thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

I have resolved this. Due to the fact that nac guest server is running linux kernel, all you need to do is edit rc.local script with the interface information of the other NICs you want to use.

Done

You have to edit rc.local file in /etc/rc. local and have to add new interface information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: