cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC server is not available on the network

sudheere
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing a rollout of ISE 1.1.1. I am using NAC agent 4.9.0.47 for posture checking win7 x86 machines. Occassionly users are getting 'NAC server is not availble.... try disconecting and connecting to the network to start a new connection' When I  try to reproduce the issue it is not happening. It happens randomly here and there. What are the possible reasons fro this issue. Since ISE is not getting posture result, and the machine remain in in posture check 'unknown' stage. I am in half way of rollout and it is stoping me to further rollout. IIf anybody knows, please advise.........

25 Replies 25

Thanks Sou... can you keep us updated...? i am very keen to implement your fix, but i want to make sure that you havent seen the message for at least a month...

cheers

Mario

Hi Mario,

Since I installed patch 8 on v 1.1.2.  no more errors.

Tony

Hi Sou... can you give us an update as to whether you have experienced this issue any more since upgrading to 1.1.2 patch 8?

thanks

Mario

Hi Mario,

I never face the problem again. ISE version 1.1.2 Patch 8 is the most stable version from for me and probably I want change soon :)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Guys,

The new version of ISE 1.1.4 has been released. You may try this. I tried this in our lab and I didn't face any such type of the problem in this.

download link: http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283801620&flowid=26081&softwareid=283802505&release=1.1.4&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Thank you, how long have you ben running     1.1.4 ???

sudheere
Level 1
Level 1

As Francisco has mentioned, I am still having issue with 1.1.3 patch 1. Upgrade to this version was the solution from TAC.  I am also interested to know about 1.1.4. It looks the product is unstable or still having bugs. In 500 user deployment 1-0.5% users have facing issues daily in random. Restating phone or PC solves problem temporarly.

If it helps [ ] just today I installed ISE 1.1.4 in a test environment and I got this error on a Win7 machine for no apparent reason.

After a reload everything worked fine. (even though I tried shut/no shut, clear auth sess int X, etc).

I have been told by a TAC engineer that there is going to be a patch3 for 1.1.3 that solves the bug

CSCue59806 (the same Sao Daqui said for 1.1.2-patch8). I will install it as soon as it is released and told you back.

Also remember that 1.2 is planned for release at the end of June. I have been told it is going to incorporate new things (wizards, etc) and hope it fixes this annoying (and unexplicable for a client) bugs.

Hey Francisco,

I just wanted to find out how you were getting on with 1.1.3 patch 3 and whether it has resolved the NAC agent message?

thanks

Mario

Hi Mario,

actually it is 1.1.3 with patch 4 (not 3 as I previously said). From the engineer:

"Confirmed with the guys in business unit the end fix (or patch 4) should be available end of July-mid August."

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: