Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7000 and ACS AV-PAIRS

cochambe
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I'm having an issue with TACACS+ AAA setup with a Nexus 7000 running 4.2(2a) and ACS 4.2. I've added the av-pair string of

shell:roles="network-operator vdc-admin" into the TACACS+ settings under the group custom attributes. When I log in I the login hangs
waiting for the custom attribute pair to respond back the switch which it doesn't seem to do and it then dumps me into vdc-operator role and not the
vdc-admin role.

Can any one give me any additional pointers?

Thanks in advance,

Col

8 Replies 8

cochambe
Level 1
Level 1

All,

Just for reference we've fixed this. The based VDC always seemed to honour the PRIV 15 under the ACS group and gave you network-admin, the correct syntax for vdc-admin passthrough on the av-pair is:

shell:user=admin-vdc

That's all you need.

Regards,

Col

Colin,

I saw your post and figured I would give you a shout.  I have a client with a 7K installed.  We are running ACS 4.2 and all network equipment is functioning with the exception of the 7K.

We keep getting:

TACACS-3-TACACS_ERROR_MESSAGE: All servers failed to respond

Do you have a sample of your config for your 7K?  Did you have to do anything special in ACS for it to talk to the 7K?  Been beating my head on this for a few weeks and the Cisco Config guides don't solve my issue.  Follow them to a tee and still does not work.

Thanks,

Josh

Hi,

I am also getting this message repeatedly on my NX5000, although the authentication and authorization are working fine. Will appreciate any clues. thanks

%TACACS-3-TACACS_ERROR_MESSAGE: All servers failed to respond

Hi Colin Chambers,

Can you please post the error and the current config for tacacs on NX7000.

Hi Colin,

Can u help me to resolve the issue of ACS 4.2 with nexus 7k. wat configuration u did in ACS ?

Regards,

Veer Pratap Singh

brian.holmes
Level 1
Level 1

My server was sending minor version 0 instead of 1 when I saw the same error message.

Brian Holmes
Verizon

Yun Pan
Level 1
Level 1

brian.holmes
Level 1
Level 1

One other thing I had to send was TACACSPLUS-Priv-Level = ROOT

which by the way was not in any manual.  

Brian Holmes
Verizon