Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to access ACS 5.1.0.44

shahulhameed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I have two ACS appliance ver 5.1.0.44. I configured with replication and it was working fine. Last month my primary was down and not able to access but able to ping. I tried and Google it in Internet I couldn't find any answer to resolve the issue after reimage the appliance its starts work fine. Again now I am facing the same issue. Please advice without reimage how to resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Hameed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shahul,

Your best bet is to RMA the device since reimaging should most likey have fixed the issue the first time, based on the error you posted here:

EXT3 fs error (device dm-7) : ext3_find_entry : reading directory #  812801 offset 0 end_request : I/O error, dev sda, sector 428486989

This most likely seems to be disk related issue, that Cisco doesnt troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please ssh into the appliance and issue a show application status acs:

ACS role: PRIMARY

Process 'database'                  running

Process 'management'                running

Process 'runtime'                   running

Process 'adclient'                  running

Process 'view-database'             running

Process 'view-jobmanager'           running

Process 'view-alertmanager'         running

Process 'view-collector'            running

Process 'view-logprocessor'         running

if you need to start any of these services manually for example the management service:

admin# acs start management

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Dear Tarik Admani

I couldnt SSH the appliance, the error is " Server unexpectedly closed network connection" but I can Ping. I tried with physical connectivity using monitor and keyboar, it is hanged not go to prompt.

Thanks for your kind and immediate reply.

With the keyboard and monitor plugged in could you try to reboot the appliance?

Thanks

Tarik Admani

Hi Tarik Admani

I rebooted the appliance, I got the message

EXT3 fs error (device dm-7) : ext3_find_entry : reading directory # 812801 offset 0 end_request : I/O error, dev sda, sector 428486989

I switched off the appliance and switch on then the error message is

IP_Conntrack version 2.4 ( 8192 buckets, 65536 max ) – 188 bytes per conntrack

Last time also same problem but I was reimaging the appliance then its starts work fine. Now I don’t want to do blind trouble shoot without knowing the reason. Suppose now I reimage the appliance I am sure it will work.

Kindly advice without reimage how will rectify the issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Shahul Hameed

Sounds to me that the unit needs to be rma'd. If you are having disk issues it is not worth troubleshooting.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hello,

We faced the same issue.But restarting the appliance would provide us some response to get console or monitor.

This is called Lockdown method for the appliance to protect itself for the security reasons.This happens due to image corrupted.For this reimaging required.And also check for the patches to upgrade.

If you are finding any disk read error it could be hardware issue.

Dear Tarik/Vishweswaran

Thanks for your kind responce.

Same issue was happend 2 months back. I re imaged the appliance then its start work fine. I was looking for without reimage to troubleshoot.

I will do the restart.

Thanks and Regards,

Shahul Hameed.

Shahul,

Your best bet is to RMA the device since reimaging should most likey have fixed the issue the first time, based on the error you posted here:

EXT3 fs error (device dm-7) : ext3_find_entry : reading directory #  812801 offset 0 end_request : I/O error, dev sda, sector 428486989

This most likely seems to be disk related issue, that Cisco doesnt troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Dear Tarik Admani

Thanks for your kind advice. I will do RMA.

Regards,

Shahul Hameed

Dear Tariq Admani,

I cant belive now the ACS is working fine.I dont know how its work again. I did not do anythink.

Regards,

shahul Hameed

Yeah I would still have this rma'd since the box isnt reliable at the moment, it could be something faulty in the hardware in which it works and then doesnt work. Software is much more consistent than that, either it works or it doesnt.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: