Views
Helpful
Replies

Pack and unpack Radius VSA attributes

denis.deryabin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

As far as I know there are some methods to pack radius VSA attributes. Here are:

1. As the part of Cisco-AVPair

• 26 - VSA

• Length

• 9  - Vendor ID

• 1  - Vendor Type (Cisco-AVPair Attribute ID)

• Attribute Name=Value

2. In the Vendor Specific attribute ("throught attribute ID")

• 26  - VSALength

• 9 - Vendor ID

• 2 - Vendor Type (Attribute ID)

• Vendor Length

• Attribute Name=Value

3. In the Vendor Specific attribute ("throught attribute ID") 

• 26 - VSA

• Length

• 9 - Vendor ID

• 2 - Vendor Type (Attribute ID)

• Value

i.e. with attribute name and witout.
How to understand which attribute needs attribute name in value string?

For example:

1. 26|Length|9|2|Vendor Length|1|h323-incoming-conf-id=82b5fc8cd6f411dfa3c6080027716a9a
  2. 26|Length|9|2|Vendor Length|35|h323-incoming-conf-id=82b5fc8cd6f411dfa3c6080027716a9a
  3. 26|Length|9|2|Vendor Length|35|82b5fc8cd6f411dfa3c6080027716a9a

which of the methods is right?

2 Replies 2

wzhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For the specific VSA you used in the example (h323-incoming-conf-id), (1) is the correct encoding, since Cisco VSA vendor type 1 (also more commonly referred to as  cisco AV Pair) is always encoded in strings with the format of "attribute=value". This applies to other cisco VSAs that use string encoding as well. For VSA's that don't use string encoding, eg., fax-pages (vendor type 5, encoding integer), it typically doesn't include the value. You should be able to check that against the vendor dictionary to confirm. Please also see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cdr/developer/guide/cdrdefs.html

Thanks,

Wen

Hi Wen,

I have looked at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cdr/developer/guide/cdrdefs.html, I found the possible values for atribute “gw-rxd-cgn”, but not the meaning of them.

Example:
Cisco-AVPair = "gw-rxd-cgn=ton:0,npi:0,pi:1,si:0,#:391450098"
Cisco-AVPair = "gw-rxd-cgn=ton:0,npi:0,pi:0,si:0,#:391450098"

I think pi:1 means that the calling number is anonymous and pi:0 is present, they can also be 2 or 3. Where can I found information to decode this string and other VSAs strings?

Thanks,
David Costa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: