Views
Helpful
Replies

Parse view restriction

tranminhc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi forum,

I have a question. I 'm configuring parse view.

How to config to give only right to "shutdown", "no shutdown", and "switchport access vlan" in interface mode. All other commands are denied.

One more question. I create a username and assign to a view, however after entering this username/pass, it does not go dirrect into view mode. I have to enable continue "enable view xxx". It 's very incovenience.

Thanks for any advices.

3 Replies 3

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

commandsparser-mode {include | include-exclusive | exclude} [all] [interface interface-name | command]

parser-mode--The mode in which the specified command exists.

• include--Adds a command or an interface to the view and allows the same command or interface to be added to an additional view.
  • include-exclusive--Adds a command or an interface to the view and excludes the same command or interface from being added to all other views.
  • exclude--Excludes a command or an interface from the view; that is, customers cannot access a command or an interface.
  • all--A "wildcard" that allows every command in a specified configuration mode that begins with the same keyword or every subinterface for a specified interface to be part of the view.
  • interfaceinterface-name-- Interface that is added to the view.
  • command--Command that is added to the view

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t7/feature/guide/gtclivws.html

Hi,

But to my case, I have to enter many commands "commands configure include interface GigabitEthernet0/1" ... to Gigabit0/48, in addition to your command "commands interface include no shutdown"

Are there any solutions to reduce the job of mine, and the config file long?

Thanks,

Hi Team.

""One more question. I create a username and assign to a view, however after entering this username/pass, it does not go dirrect into view mode. I have to enable continue "enable view xxx". It 's very incovenience""

I also have with the same this problem , after enter username/password.

It only go to exec mode (user), not go dirrect to exec mode (privileged), althought i was assign user to view name.

example : username operator view operator_mode secret operatorpswd

http://hermin.wordpress.com/2009/09/02/step-by-step-instructions-to-configuring-role-based-access-cli/

Please help me some advise.

Thank you.