Views
Helpful
Replies

Parse view restriction

tranminhc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi forum,

I have a question. I 'm configuring parse view.

How to config to give only right to "shutdown", "no shutdown", and "switchport access vlan" in interface mode. All other commands are denied.

One more question. I create a username and assign to a view, however after entering this username/pass, it does not go dirrect into view mode. I have to enable continue "enable view xxx". It 's very incovenience.

Thanks for any advices.

3 Replies 3

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

commandsparser-mode {include | include-exclusive | exclude} [all] [interface interface-name | command]

parser-mode--The mode in which the specified command exists.

• include--Adds a command or an interface to the view and allows the same command or interface to be added to an additional view.
  • include-exclusive--Adds a command or an interface to the view and excludes the same command or interface from being added to all other views.
  • exclude--Excludes a command or an interface from the view; that is, customers cannot access a command or an interface.
  • all--A "wildcard" that allows every command in a specified configuration mode that begins with the same keyword or every subinterface for a specified interface to be part of the view.
  • interfaceinterface-name-- Interface that is added to the view.
  • command--Command that is added to the view

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t7/feature/guide/gtclivws.html

Hi,

But to my case, I have to enter many commands "commands configure include interface GigabitEthernet0/1" ... to Gigabit0/48, in addition to your command "commands interface include no shutdown"

Are there any solutions to reduce the job of mine, and the config file long?

Thanks,

Hi Team.

""One more question. I create a username and assign to a view, however after entering this username/pass, it does not go dirrect into view mode. I have to enable continue "enable view xxx". It 's very incovenience""

I also have with the same this problem , after enter username/password.

It only go to exec mode (user), not go dirrect to exec mode (privileged), althought i was assign user to view name.

example : username operator view operator_mode secret operatorpswd

http://hermin.wordpress.com/2009/09/02/step-by-step-instructions-to-configuring-role-based-access-cli/

Please help me some advise.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: