I have a two node ISE Virtual appliance setup.
Node 1 - Primary Admin Role, Primary Monitoring Role, PSN
Node 2 - Secondary Admin Role, Secondary Monitoring Role, PSN
Node 1 failed recently and needs to be recreated. Needed help to establish step-by-step procedure for getting the node 1 back in service.
Planned Approach -
1. Promote Node 2 as Primary Admin and Monitoring.
2. De-register failed Node 1 from the now Primary Admin Node (Node 2).
3. Setup new Node 1 with all patches, certificate, etc.
4. Restore operational backup on the new standalone node 1.
5. Add new node (Node 1) as secondary ISE node.
6. Promote Node 1 as primary Admin and Monitoring.
Is this approach ok or do i need to make any changes to it to ensure node 1 is put back in service with the current configuration and old log data.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for your help, but I had already performed the mentioned steps and the new node is back in service with all configuration and log data.
Thanks once again for your valuable inputs.
If the replacement ISE node is to act as MNT and if it needs to report on historical data, then please restore the latest backup or take a new backup of OPS data and restore to the new ISE node.
That is, the historical data can only be restored by backup and restore of OPS data; the new events will send to the new ISE node once it registered with MNT persona.
Do Steps 1 and 6 require downtime? Will services be running all the time at least on Node 2? Or do the ISE (PSN) services restart during the promotion?